Today many leaders are teaching the importance of having a life plan. Having a life plan gives us the motivation to make new goals and to help us to see where our life is heading. Just as important as a life plan is a spiritual life plan. A spiritual life plan allows us to evaluate our spiritual life and to see where we have been and will be going. I create my first intensive spiritual life plan last year during my seminary. However, I would suggest that we start with the basics and then grow to a more comprehensive plan. Every Christian who wants to become more like Christ should have a spiritual life plan. The following format is my idea of a spiritual life plan. You can use this make changes as you deem necessary. An electronic copy of your life plan is a good idea because it allows room for changes. However, you can write hour life plan in a journal if you are more of a paper and pen person.
Spiritual Life Plan:
1. Spiritual biography -- write a short biography on your life, after you have come to know God. My first encounter with God was as little girl praying to God that my mom didn't punish me for breaking her new drinking glasses. A spiritual biography allows you to see how you have grown in your Christian life.
2. Evaluate your current place of worship. What is the vision and mission of your church? What ministry has the greatest impact on you? What ministry would you like to see?
3. What is your spiritual goal? This goal should have a scripture aligned to it. For example, one of my goals is to memorize 4 scripture per month.
4. What are some steps you can take to accomplish your goal? For example, I would try to memorize one scripture weekly.
5. How can I change my relationship? This is important because when we have something on our heart because of a bad relationship our spirituality will be mess up. Write down a list of people who has hurt you are rub you the wrong way and pray over the list that God can provide a way for you to heal and to forgive that person so that you can moved on. The greatest thing about forgiveness is that it works both ways it help you as well as the person you are forgiving.
A spiritual life plan is necessary if you want to move forward in your relationship with God. Having a plan is similar to be equipped with the armor of God. Take the time today to make your spiritual life plan and share some of the goal that you make with us.